It's October once more and the month in which
we all start thinking of Breast Cancer Awareness.
Breast Cancer Care is the only UK wide charity dedicated to
providing practical and emotional support for anyone affected by breast cancer.
The 5 point code:
1. Know what is normal for you
2. Know what to look and feel for
3. Look and Feel
4. Tell your GP of any changes straight away
5. Go for breast screenings when invited
Changes you should look for
- Changes in size or shape.
- Changes in skin texture such as puckering or dimpling.
- Inverted nipple.
- A lump or thickening of breast tissue.
- Redness or a rash on the skin/around the nipple.
- Discharge from one or both nipples.
- Constant pain in breast or armpit.
- Swelling in armpit/around collarbone.
This year get involved with Pink Friday.
Dress, eat, drink , party or work pink.
Dressing pink is one of the most easiest ideas to get involved in you can even die your hair pink
or hold a competition to see who can wear the most pink.
For food you can do a range of pink cakes, pink lemonade and even use pink iced biscuits.
Whatever you do and whether you make £20 or £200
think pink this October to raise for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Here is an info-graphic I have found