The next recipe I have up for you is the delicious Gnocchi with Spinach and Tomato and Basil Sauce.
This was a recipe I was unsure about as I have only tried Gnocchi once before and I wasn't too keen on it.
However it was plain so I think that explains why I wasn't keen before as i loved this recipe.
Serves 4 (371 kcals each)
You will need:
-500g ready made potato gnocchi
-235g baby spinach leaves
-200g Lake District Dairy Co Tomato and Basil cooking sauce
- 75g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
1. preheat the grill. cooking the gnocchi in a large pan of boiling salted water for 3 mins or according to
2. Empty the spinach into a colander and stand it in the sink, when the gnocchi is cooked, drain it into the colander and leave to drain for 2 mins (this wilts the spinach leaves.
3. meanwhile empty the cooking sauce into the pan and heat gently til piping hot.
4. tip the gnocchi and spinach into the pan and mix well
5. Transfer to a heatproof dish and add the ground cumin. pine nuts and cheese over the top
pop under the grill until the surface is golden and bubbling.
All of the cooking sauces are delicious and make such lovely low calorie meals
that both me and Stuart have enjoyed.
The sauces retail at £1.75 for a 200g pot and are/will be sold in most supermarkets.