I have recently been asked by the lovely people at Aldi to create a recipe using Aldi only items for Valentines day and so I headed off to my local Aldi to see what I could buy and come up with a yummy meal that would be perfect for Valentines at home this year.
I chose to do a Garlic and herb chicken with potato dauphinoise and some yummy and healthy vegetables. All items were purchased from Aldi including the garlic, tarragon, potatoes , double cream and cheese which I forgot to photograph (oops).
2 skinned chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp tarragon
Salt & pepper
For the Potato Dauphinoise:
500g potatoes (thinly sliced)
250ml double cream
100g grated chedder cheese
1. Cut up your choice of vegetables and pop them into a steamer for 25 mins
2. Slice up the potatoes and parboil for 15 minutes
3. while the potatoes are parboiling:
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Crush the garlic and then add tarragon and salt and pepper
-Rub all ingredients onto the chicken
- Pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes
4.. Mix cheese and cream together
5. layer the potatoes into an oven proof dish adding the cream/cheese mixture between each layer. Bake for 25 mins
6. Serve and enjoy.
I also chose to make a vegetable soup for starter:
All you need is the Vegetable soup mix from Aldi, water and a vegetable stock cube.
The dessert was also easy to do too all that was needed was:
A pack of 4 apples
Optional: Sugar/Sweetener to taste.
1. Peel and slice the apples
2. Put into a oven proof dish top with the crumble mix and sweetener/sugar
3. Pop in the oven for 25 minuites a 190°C.
Will you be having a Valentines meal at home this year?
*In collaboration with Aldi
I was gifted a voucher for the purpose of this post.