Breakfast Ideas for Christmas morning
When it comes to Christmas I am usually really bad
and skip breakfast and end up eating a box of Chocolates mid morning.
Then of course you eat your Christmas dinner which then
leads on to pudding, more chocolates and a buffet in the evening
followed again by more chocolates.
This year I am being more careful with my eating habits, after loosing
so much weight this year I have decided that I don't want
to damage my loss.
One of the main things I will be doing is making sure I eat a yummy and filling breakfast
so that I don't end up going for the chocolate box mid morning.
- Porridge topped with seasonal fruit
- Toast with a festive jam or marmalade
- scrambled eggs
On the Christmas day this year I am planning to look
at different scrambled egg recipes and I am liking the
look of the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.
The great thing is that the recipes are so easy to
follow and take 10 minutes or under to cook and prepare.
Eggs are a great breakfast as they are full of vitamins and minerals and
a high source of protein and fill you up for longer.
Here is the recipe for the Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon:
100g/4oz fine oatmeal
2.5ml/ 1/2tsp salt
pinch of bicarbonate of soda
15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil
15g/ 1/2 oz butter
8 large British Lion eggs
100g/4oz Scottish smoked salmon
chives to decorate
-Preheat the oven to 160C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place the oatmeal, salt and soda in a large bowl.
-Stir in the oil and 30ml/2tbsp hot water and mix to a firm dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use a 7.5cm/3 in cutter to press out 8 rounds, re-rolling as necessary.
- Bake for 8-10 mins or until golden and crisp.
-To scramble the eggs: melt the butter in a non-stick pan over a low heat.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 mins, stirring until the eggs are scrambled.
-Place two warm oatcakes on each plate, spoon over scrambled egg and serve with slices of smoked salmon.
- Decorate with chives if liked.
What will you be having for breakfast Christmas morning?