The second recipe we tried out this week using the Lake District Co cooking sauces is a wonderful
Chicken Tikka and Quark Rice using the Tikka cooking sauce which will be available in supermarkets sometime this autumn.
Serves 4 (382 Kcals each)
You will need:
- 1 tsbp vegetable oil
- 400g of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cubed)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 200g of basmati rice
- 250ml chicken stock
- 50g raisons
- 200g of Lake District Tikka cooking sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds (flaked)
1. In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil, then add the chicken and stirfry over a high heat until it starts to brown.
2. Add the onion and pepper and stirfry over a high heat for 4 mins or until soft
3. stir in the rice and stock, then bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 mins
4. remove the lid and stir in the Tikka cooking sauce, add the raisins and recover.
5. Simmer for a further 5 mins stirring occasionally until the rice grains are plump and tender
6. scatter over coriander and almonds to serve.
We really enjoyed how this one turned out we chose not to use the raisins on ours
though as I'm not keen on raisins on this type of meal.
We also left off the almonds due to hubby having a nut allergy.