Last week I received a rather exciting parcel, a hamper filled with ingredients to make
three yummy meals for me and Stuart using The Lake District Dairy Co quark based cooking sauces.
The Lake District Dairy Co have released a new Garlic and Herb cooking sauce which came out back in August.
Two more flavors (Tikka and Tomato and Basil) will be available in UK supermarkets from Autumn.
The new sauces have already impressed food experts having won the World Dairy Innovation Awards.
Simply swap your usual cooking sauces for the Lake District Dairy Co cooking sauces to create healthy and flavorsome day to day dishes.
The health credentials are so impressive that when making a indulgent tasting spaghetti carbonara using the
cooking sauces instead of cream cheese the fat content is reduced by 28g (a staggering 88%) and the calorie
content is dropped by 227kcal per portion too.
So to make the yummy Spaghetti Quarkonara (serves 4) you will need:
- 300g of quick cook spaghetti
- 250g Lake District Dairy Co Garlic and Herb cooking sauce
- 150g flaked ham hock
-4 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg.
1. Bring a large pan of water to boil add the spaghetti and stir well, simmer for 7 mins or according to pack instructions.
2. Drain the spaghetti in a colander reserving 100ml of the cooking water, empty the lake district garlic and herb sauce into the pan and gently heat until piping hot.
3. Add the spaghetti, ham, parsley, nutmeg and 60ml of cooking water and toss until the spaghetti is nicely coated in the sauce, add a little more cooking water if required.
4. Divide between warmed plates and serve garnished with more parsley.
I can honestly tell you that it tastes just as good as it looks.
Recipe idea: Add extra color with some frozen peas. Adding them to the pan for the final 2 mins
of cooking time.
The next two yummy recipes using The Lake District Co cooking sauces will be
a fab Chicken Tikka and Quark Rice and delicious Gnocchi with Spinach and Tomato and Basil Quark Sauce.