Hi, and thank you for hopping over from life with baby kicks
and welcome to my post for the tenth day of #12daysofparenting.
We have many prizes to giveaway!
Full details can be found on the #12daysofparenting page.
Today's sponsor is :Gumigem who have offered a bubbabag.
I have always had an idea in my head what I would be like as a parent when the time
came, before I was even pregnant with Blake.
The things I would do such as breastfeeding etc.
but of course how I thought
I would parent vs how I actually parent is completely different.
So here is a fun post on how I thought I would parent vs
how i actually parent.
Please can I just say that I know a lot of people are going to have mixed
views on my parenting techniques but any negative comments will be deleted.
How I thought I would parent:
- I would breastfeed my child til approx one year of age
- I would use a sling and carry my child around regularly
- I would use cloth nappies
- I would have strict routines
- I would plan fun activities to do every day
- I wouldn't co-sleep
- I would puree food when it came to weaning
How I actually parent:
- I ended up mix feeding to begin with then after four weeks went
on to formula feeding due to having issues with breastfeeding.
- Blake hated being in a sling
- I use cloth nappies but not all time I do use disposables
but try and use cloth most of the time.
- We don't have strict routines I am more laid
back than I thought I would be as a mum.
He was routines such as bed time and lunch time
but most of the time if he ends up napping longer
and lunch is a little later than its fine.
- I don't do near enough as many activities with Blake that I thought
I would. I go out to baby and toddler groups once or twice a week and
go for walks but at home we really only play with his toys, read books and watch a bit
- I don't co-sleep its one thing I don't agree
on due to the safety aspect.
- We did baby led weaning as Blake didn't take to purees.
Our Christmas code word is Trimmings
For more on How I thought I would parent vs How I actually parent
please hop on over to lady bug home
Where you can gain further entries into the grand prize draw.
Full terms and conditions can be found over at mummies waiting
UK residents only.