Dementia & Alzheimer's Awareness
When it comes to someone you love who has Dementia & Alzheimer's it can be really hard.
Not many know much about the condition so I am going to share with you some facts about the condition.
- There are 850,000 people in the UK with Dementia, of which 62% of these people have Alzheimer's.
- Nearly as twice as many women have Alzheimer's than men
- The first signs are usually minor memory problems which worsen as the condition develops.
- In 2015 more than 15 million caregivers provided 18.1 billion unpaid hours of care around the world
- Family carers save the UK £11 billion each year
-The risk of Alzheimer's increases with age if affects around 1 in 4 people of the age of 65
and 1 in 6 over the age of 80.
- Around 1 in 20 people between the ages of 40 and 65 are affected by Alzheimer's disease.
- Only 44% of people with Dementia or Alzheimer's in England, wales and Northern Ireland have a diagnosis.
- World wide nearly 44 million have Alzheimer's or related Dementia.
If you are a carer of someone with Dementia or Alzheimer's you can read more information here.
*In collaboration with NRS Healthcare