No Spend October : Poundland broke me
I wrote my plans for No spend October and so I wanted to give you an update and unfortunately I only lasted 13 days before breaking the ban and giving up. Poundland broke me, Poundland have really been upping their game recently and after seeing loads of people sharing their Christmas bargains online I couldn't resist much longer.
However even though I have given up the no spend month I did manage to save around £400 during the 13 days which I have put into savings. Usually as soon as I got paid I would have just splurged on Amazon.
During the 13 days I managed to stick at it I did learn some things:
1. That I actually enjoy saving more than I do spending
2. Its made me think more before buying something
3. That it's worth saving for something I want as it would make me appreciate it a bit more
4. That I need to think of my money/finances long term
5. I spend too much on things not needed especially things for Blake
6. That we need to cut down on takeaways
I also feel that some of the ideas that I mentioned in my previous post are easy to stick at such as using up what we have in, borrow books/films,walk rather than getting the local bus, enjoy free days out.
When it comes to No spend months I don't think I'll try it again however I do feel that I can cut down my spending and at least once a month do a no spend week or weekend.
Have you done a no spend month? How did you get on?